The Canadian government is matching, dollar for dollar, donations made to Typhoon Haiyan relief before December 9, 2013. For those wishing to send financial support for the relief efforts, here are a number of organizations you can contact directly.
SIM (Serving in Missions) www.sim.ca
Phone: 1.800.294.6918 | 416.497.2424
NOTE: Church of the Rock will NOT be receiving relief donations. Instead, please follow the links provided above to donate directly to these organizations so there will be no delay in funds being received by those who are doing the relief work.
Please continue to be in prayer for the people of the Philippines, their families and friends all over the world, and all those who are helping in the relief efforts.
This week are taking a closer look at another one of our small groups. Drawing on her life coach experiences, Robin Chaddock helps women find the answer to “God, what do you want me to do with my life?” by providing step-by-step instructions to uncover their primary passions and greatest strengths.
Here are some incredible testimonies on what this study means to these ladies:
1. This study is really opening up my view on what I’m meant for and where my strengths are. These can all be used by God and focus on a vision.
2. It is so refreshing for me to focus on the “positives” about myself! – Destroy the barriers I have put up over my life!
3. I have made amazing friendships. Interesting to explore what my personal passion is.
4. I find Wed. morning Bible Study to be a refreshing part of my day. This study helps me to understand myself better as the discussion prompt us to open up ourselves at a deeper level in including Christ in all our thoughts, emotions, and actions that affect our lives and others. It’s a binding thread of women passionately in love with Jesus.
5. Camaraderie of other women with a desire to know God more deeply and figuring out what our giftings are together.
6. This study has been enlightening and affirming, it’s given me insights into myself and God’s plans for my life.
7. This book is very encouraging and providing clarity for some questions I didn’t even realize I was wrestling with.
8. This book is challenging me to find myself and go out of my comfort zone in relating to others.
9. I am enjoying the challenge of discovering the true spirit that lives inside me.
10. Very motivational! Helps me to want to learn more about myself and how God sees me through His eyes.
11. I love this book because it is challenging me to come out of my comfort zone in finding myself and answering questions. This book is helping me find my purpose with God and helping me everyday to be a better woman with Christ in a compassionate way.
12. Journey of discovering my true authentic potential. This book has exposed lies I have believed about myself for way to long. I have been sabotaging my happiness because I didn’t believe I deserved true happiness (Lie!) I have kept myself from intimacy in marriage and in relationships because I didn’t believe I deserved true intimacy. (Lie!) I haven’t allowed myself to live to the potential I know God has called me to because I didn’t believe I deserved the peace living my true potential out would bring. (Lie!) Obviously this book has been changing my life. One word has been brought out within this book that sums this all up. FREEDOM : )
Want some more information or have questions on last week’s teaching on the Baptism of the Holy Spirit? Come to A3 after your study this week and chat with Pastor Bob.
Just wanted to update you about Adopt-a-Block that happened this past Saturday October 19. We had a great crew of over 20 people come and help out! They came with a truck, a trailer, rakes, leaf blowers, and a great attitude, ready to serve! And serve we did! Here’s a short video:
We cleaned up and took away a trailer full of leaves, cleaned up a bunch of branches, and got to pray for one lady as well. A number of the team members came up to me afterwards and thanked me for inviting them, and said that they had a good time and looked forward to coming again soon.
Here’s a picture of the leaves we raked, piled into the trailer:
Thanks to everyone who came out and made this Adopt-a-Block a great success! We could not have done this without you!
Our next Adopt-a-Block will be happening a little less than two weeks from now on November 2, 2013. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, I invite you to come out and join us then! We will meet in the Multi-purpose room at 9:30 AM. Also, send me a quick email at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know you’re coming.
It’s been quite a while since you last “heard” from me. A new chapter is beginning for me and the Women’s Ministry. To see what God is doing, I’d like to personally invite you to walk beside me this Saturday for DIG. All the information is below.
I’m quite excited to see what God is going to do!
It’s free and no sign up is required.
All you need to bring is a Bible and a heart ready to hear from God!! Hope to see you on Saturday!
Women of the Rock, let’s DIG!
You are invited to this free seminar Saturday, October 19 10AM – Noon in Room A3
to DIG into God’s Word together
Nuggets to uncover:
•God’s big love for us
•How to apply this in our lives
Bring a Bible if you have one and let’s learn together! Young women 18 years and older are encouraged to attend as well as those who are young at heart. Hope to see you there!